My main research interest lies in the field behavioral and experimental economics and finance. More specifically I focus on personnel and organizational economics, behavioral finance, applied game theory, sports economics, decision theory and research on (social) preferences. As one can guess from my broad variety of my areas of interest, I am always searching for fascinating and innovative research questions.
10/2014 – 02/2018: Post-Doc (Assistant Professor, non-tenure track), Department of Banking and Finance, University of Innsbruck, Austria
10/2013 – 09/2014: Post-Doc at the Chair of Martin Kocher for Behavioral and Experimental Economics, Department of Economics, University of Munich, Germany
02/2011 – 09/2013: Research and Teaching Assistant, Department of Public Finance, University of Innsbruck, Austria
- Rankings and risk-taking in the finance industry (with Michael Kirchler and Utz Weizel), Journal of Finance (forthcoming).
- No need for more time: Intertemporal allocation decisions under time pressure (with Julia Rose), Journal of Economic Psychology 60: 53-70, 2017 [Special Issue: Stability of Preferences].
- The optimal allocation of prizes in tournaments of heterogeneous agents (with Loukas Balafoutas, E. Glenn Dutcher and Dmitry Ryvkin), Economic Inquiry 55(1):461-478, 2017.
- Strive to be first or avoid being last: An experiment on relative performance incentives (with E. Glenn Dutcher, Loukas Balafoutas, Dmitry Ryvkin and Matthias Sutter), Games and Economic Behavior 94: 39-56, 2015.
- Hot hand and gambler's fallacy in teams: Evidence from investment experiments (with Thomas Stöckl, Jürgen Huber and Michael Kirchler), Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization 117: 327-339, 2015.
- Decision time and steps of reasoning in a competitive market entry game, Economics Letters 122(1): 7-11, 2014.
- Level-k reasoning and time pressure in the 11-20 money request game (with Matthias Sutter), Economics Letters 120(3): 542-545, 2013.
- Sabotage in tournaments: Evidence from a natural experiment (with Loukas Balafoutas and Matthias Sutter), Kyklos 65(4): 425-441, 2012 [Lead Article].
- Choking under pressure of top athletes: Evidence from Biathlon competitions, University of Innsbruck Working Papers in Economics and Statistics 2017-24.
- Bubbles and financial professionals (with Christoph Huber, Jürgen Huber, Michael Kirchler, Julia Rose, and Utz Weitzel), University of Innsbruck Working Papers in Economics and Statistics 2018-04.
- Social competition and delegated decision making in the finance industry (with Michael Kirchler and Utz Weitzel), mimeo.
- Lab rats are selfish: The effects of across-experiment experience on social preferences (with Benjamin Buschmann and Martin Kocher), mimeo.
- Sorting and selection effects in tournament mechanisms: An experimental investigation, mimeo.
- Trading behavior and belief formation in markets with information flows (with Caroline Bonn), mimeo.
- Speculative overpricing in asset markets with information flows revisited (with David Schindler), mimeo.