Psychology of justice and morality; personality and information processing; psychometric properties of economic games
- since September 2017 Professor for Personality and Social Psychology at TUM School of Education
- since 2017 Max Planck research group leader (associate professor)
- since 2015 Adjunct lecturer at the School of Psychology, University of Western Australia
- 2012-2017 Assistant Professor for Personality Psychology and Assessment, University of Koblenz-Landau
- 2009 PhD in Psychology, University of Koblenz-Landau
- 2005 Magister (Master degree) in Philosophy, University of Trier
- 2003 Diplom (Master degree) in Psychology, University of Trier
Honors and Scholarships
- 2017 William-Stern Prize for outstanding innovative research in personality psychology by the German Psychological Association
- 2005-2007 Ph.D. scholarship of the German National Academic Foundation
- 2008 Teaching Award of the federal state Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany (10 000 €)
Peer-reviewed Publications (selection)
Baumert, A., Schmitt, M., Perugini, M., Johnson, W., Blum, G., … & Wrzus, C. (2017). Integrating personality processes, personality structure, and personality development. European Journal of Personality.
Maltese, S. & Baumert, A. (2017). Linking longitudinal dynamics of justice sensitivity and moral disengagement. Personality and Individual Differences.
Baumert, A., Halmburger, A., Rothmund, T., & Schemer, C. (2016). Everyday dynamics in generalized social and political trust. Journal of Research in Personality. DOI: 10.1016/j.jrp.2016.04.006
Halmburger, A., Baumert, A., & Schmitt, M. (2015). Anger as driving factor of moral courage in comparison to guilt, and global mood: A multimethod approach. European Journal of Social Psychology, 45, 39-51.
Baumert, A., Beierlein, C., Schmitt, M., Kemper, C. J., Kovaleva, A., Liebig, S., & Rammstedt, B. (2014). Measuring four perspectives of justice sensitivity with two items each. Journal of Personality Assessment, 96, 380-390.
Baumert, A., Schlösser, T., & Schmitt, M. (2014). Economic games - Performance-based assessment of altruism and fairness. European Journal of Psychological Assessment, 30, 178-192.
Baumert, A., Halmburger, A., & Schmitt, M. (2013). Interventions against norm violations: Dispositional determinants of self-reported and real moral courage. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 39, 1053-1068.
Book Chapters (selection)
Wrzus, C., Quintus, M. & Baumert, A. (in press). Measuring personality processes in the lab and in the field. In V. Zeigler-Hill & T. Shackelford (Eds.), SAGE Handbook of Personality and Individual Differences.
Baumert, A. & Schmitt, M. (2016). Justice sensitivity. In M. Schmitt & C. Sabbagh (Eds.), Handbook of Social Justice Theory and Research. Springer.
Halmburger, A., Baumert, A., & Schmitt, M. (2016). Moral courage as everyday heroism. In S. T. Allison, G. R. Goethals, & R. M. Kramer (Eds.), Handbook of Heroism and Heroic Leadership: Frameworks for an Emerging Science.
Baumert, A., Rothmund, T., Thomas, N., Gollwitzer, M. & Schmitt, M. (2013). Justice as a moral motive. Belief in a just world and justice sensitivity as potential indicators of the justice motive. In K. Heinrichs, F. Oser & T. Lovat (Eds.), Handbook of Moral Motivation. Theories, Models, Applications (pp. 159-180). Rotterdam: Sense Publishers.