Referent at Deutsche Städtetag (Association of German Cities), responsible for Social Policy
- Since 2007: Deutscher Städtetag (Association of German Cities)
- 2003 – 2007: German Federal Ministry of Health & Social Security, later Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Security
- 2002 – 2003: Landkreistag Brandenburg (Association of Brandenburg Counties)
- 1997 – 2002: Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, Bonn.
- Doctoral thesis comparing legal and economical aspects of the English and German Packaging Waste Management Law.
- April – October 1998, Research Fellowship at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, London (UK).
- 1999 – 2002: Legal clerkship (Referendariat), Köln. Second Legal State Exam, January 2002.
- Studied Law at the Universities of Osnabrück and Florence. First Legal State Exam 1997.