Dr. Sebastian O. SchneiderSenior Research Fellow
Experimental and Behavioral Economics, Development Economics, Statistics of Experiments
- 2014 - 2017: PhD in Economics, Georg-August-University Goettingen
- 2011 - 2014: MSc Mathematics in Business and Economics, Mannheim University
- 2008 - 2011: BSc Mathematics in Business and Economics, Mannheim University
Articles in Peer-reviewed Journals
Barron, K., Harmgart, H., Huck, S., Schneider, S. O., Sutter, M. (forthcoming), Discrimination, narratives and family History: An experiment with Jordanian host and Syrian refugee children. Review of Economics and Statistics.
Momsen, K., & Schneider, S. O. (2022). Motivated Reasoning, Information Avoidance, and Default Bias. Bonn: Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, Discussion Paper 2022/3
Ibanez, M., & Schneider, S. O. (2021). Income Risk, Precautionary Saving, and Loss Aversion – An Empirical Test. Bonn: Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, Discussion Paper 2021/6. Reject & Resubmit at Management Science.
Schneider, S. O., & Sutter, M. (2020). Higher Order Risk Preferences: New Experimental Measures, Determinants and Field Behavior. Bonn: Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, Discussion Paper 2020/22. Revision requested at the American Economic Review.
Riener, G., Schneider, S. O., & Wagner, V. (2020). Addressing Validity and Generalizability Concerns in Field Experiments. Bonn: Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, Discussion Paper 2020/16
Schlather, M. & Schneider, S. O., The Min MSE Approach to Treatment Assignment for One and Multiple Treatment Groups, Courant Research Centre Discussion, Paper No. 228 (http://uni-goettingen.de/en/86936.html)
Software for the MinMSE Approach to Treatment Assignment for One And Multiple Treatment Groups
- Stata ado-package, available via SSC, type ssc install minmse in Stata or download at https://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s458939.html
- R package, available via CRAN, type install.packages("minMSE") in R or download at https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/minMSE/index.html
See personal homepage for details.