My main research interests lie in the field of behavioral and experimental economics.
- 1.2019 – 08.2023: Senior Research Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, Bonn
- 10.2013 – 12.2018: PhD in Economics, University of Bonn (BGSE)
- Bašić, Z. and Quercia, S. (2022). The Influence of Self and Social Image Concerns on Lying. Games and Economic Behavior, 133, 162-169.
- Bašić, Z., Falk, A., and Kosse, F. (2020). The Development of Egalitarian Norm Enforcement in Childhood and Adolescence. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 179, 667-680.
- Bašić. Z. and Verrina, E. (2022). Personal norms — and not only social norms — shape economic behavior, MPI Discussion Paper 2020/25, revision requested at Management Science
- Bašić, Z., Bindra, P. C., Glätzle-Rützler, D., Romano, A., Sutter, M., and Zoller, C. (2021). The Roots of Cooperation, CESifo Working Papers No. 9404
Work in Progress
- Heterogeneity in Effort Provision: Evidence From a Lab-in-the-Field Experiment (with Bortolotti, S., Salicath, D., Schmidt, S., Schneider, S., and Sutter, M., preregistered at AEA RCT Registry)
- Social Identity and Systematic Biases (with Verrina, E., and Schmidt, S.)
- Personal Norms, Social Norms, and Political Preferences (with Verrina, E.)
- Self-Image, Social Image, and Prosocial Behavior (with Falk, A. and Quercia, S.)
- Quantitative Patterns of Cooperation in Social-Dilemma Experiments with Minimum Identifiability (with Geng, Y., Romić, I., Shi, L., Akiyama, E., Perc, M., Wang, Z., and Jusup, M.)