Dr. Zvonimir BašićSenior Research Fellow
My research interests lie in the field of behavioral and experimental economics, where I primarily focus on self and social image concerns, norms, and development of economic preferences.
- 2019 – present: Senior Research Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, Bonn
- 2017 – 2018: Research Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, Bonn
- 10.2013 – 12.2018: PhD in Economics, University of Bonn (BGSE);
First Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Armin Falk, Second Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Sebastian Kube
- Bašić, Z., & Quercia, S. (2022). The Influence of Self and Social Image Concerns on Lying. Games and Economic Behavior, 133, 162-169.
- Bašić, Z., Falk, A. and Kosse, F. (2020). The Development of Egalitarian Norm Enforcement in Childhood and Adolescence. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 179, 667-680.
Personal norms — and not only social norms — shape economic behavior, MPI Discussion Paper 2020/25, (with Eugenio Verrina)
The Influence of Self and Social Image Concerns on Lying, MPI Discussion Paper 2020/18, (with Simone Quercia)
Altruistic Punishment Promotes Cooperation in Kindergarten Children, working paper available on request (with Parampreet C. Bindra, Daniela Glätzle-Rützler, Angelo Romano, Matthias Sutter and Claudia Zoller)
Selected Work in Progress
- The Roots of Cooperation (with Parampreet C. Bindra, Daniela Glätzle-Rützler, Angelo Romano, Matthias Sutter and Claudia Zoller)
- Self-Image, Social Image, and Prosocial Behavior (with Armin Falk and Simone Quercia)